Monday, May 17, 2010

Erwin's Water Baptism Sharing

Hello, my name is Er Win for those who don’t know me. The biggest decision in my life is to accept Jesus Christ as my lord and savior and the next big decision in my life is what I am doing here, which is the decision to get baptized. (Though it is a little bit overdue).

Initially, I wanted to wait for my younger brother – a non believer & (who is coming to Perth to study next year) to show him my baptism in order to impact him. Apparently, he accepted Christ 2 months ago and the first thing I thought was, nothing is holding me back anymore I’m gonna get baptized this sem & Here I AM ! =)

I was born in a non-Christian family; both of my parents are free-thinkers. Nevertheless, I went to church once in a while when I was in primary school and secondary school back in Malaysia and have a rough idea on how churches are being run. But, I never really understood Christ.

In 2007, when I left home to study at Taylors College at KL, I stayed with my uncle’s (mum’s bro) family. They are leaders in their church that they attend and I was brought into Christ by them after a few months. (Amen ?)

What prompted me to do so is that God had filled my life abundantly. Before that, my life was direction-less, I would be contented just to follow the flow of the WORLD. Just to mention, I was also living in fear, anxiety and worry. From my point of view, many people nowadays study hard, work hard and earn heaps of money and build wealth in order to have a wonderful life. These are great, but, you know, there’s still a sense of emptiness despite all these marvelous achievements in life, in other words, there’s something missing. “I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.” John 10:10 (NKJV)

Through weeks of going to church, I’ve experienced that God is real. I saw church members got healed miraculously, I saw God talking to people, I saw people crying after getting touch by God. For myself, there’s always an awesome burning sensation I felt whenever God is around me and that feeling is so REAL. So at that particular time, I decided to take a step of faith to change my life and said the sinner’s prayer with the pastor of the church I attended. From then on, I did not look back.

Growth in Christ has been exponential & exceptional. It was a great feeling that there is this God who loves you unconditionally, who cares for you even if you take him for granted at times. With him in my life, my life is filled with peace, joy and glory. Personally, through the grace of God and the holy spirit, I was transformed slowly and learned to be humble, loving&kind and therefore, getting rid of my sinful character in the past. (I was prideful, bad tempered, stubborn, selfish…and many more) Through God, my life has undergone an awesome turnaround and people around me have been impacted as well.

To end this sharing, I want to encourage all of you to continue to strive for God and make God your No.1 priority in life. You’ll be different and you can make a difference.

No comments: